BCR Legal Group Limited
BCR Legal Group Limited (BCR) is an FCA authorised and regulated insurance intermediary specialising in the provision of niche insurance services including legal expenses and latent defects insurance in the United Kingdom.
BCR Legal Group Limited is the data controller. BCR is a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 04407651, registered office 25 Dollis Park, Finchley, London, N3 1QB.
What data do we collect?
- The information we collect could include your name, address, age, gender, email address, telephone or mobile number and any other information required by us to provide our service to you. We will also process information that relates to your contract of insurance.
How do we collect your data?
- You are making an application for an insurance policy or have entered into an insurance policy which involves you providing us directly with your personal data, or via your solicitor or other insurance intermediary.
- Use or view our website via your browsers cookies.
How will we use your data?
- We collect your data so that we can decide whether to provide you with a policy of insurance or putting into place a contract between you and us.
- To process any claims arising from the contract or insurance.
- To deal with any queries or complaints arising from the contract or insurance.
- We may share your data with third parties such as our regulator and other supervisory authorities, e.g. the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime.
How do we store your data?
- Your data is stored securely at our offices and/or on our secure onsite server only.
- Once we have received your data we will prevent any unauthorised access.
- We only keep your data as long as necessary to satisfy statutory and other reporting requirements.
- We will never sell, use or share your information for marketing purposes
What are your data protection rights?
You have the right to:
- Request to see what data we hold about you.
- Request that your personal data is erased or corrected.
- Request access to your personal data and data portability.
- Object to our processing of your data.
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you wish to make a request please contact the Data Protection Officer, we have one month to respond to you.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically though cookies or other similar technology.
- For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
What types of cookies are there?
There are a number of different types of cookies which can be analysed as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Functional cookies
- Performance cookies
- Analytical/advertising cookies
- Our company uses only “strictly necessary cookies” to enable you to browse through our website and use functions such as our registration page. Without these cookies the website would not function properly. These cookies collect no data on you whatsoever.
What types of cookies do we use?
- We only use the “strictly necessary cookies”.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +4420 8343 3242
Or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, BCR Legal Group Limited, Sovereign House, 1 Albert Place, London, N3 1QB
How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or you feel that BCR has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF